Urology Perioperative Clinical Nurse Specialist RN Level 2 Fulltime
St Andrew’s Toowoomba Hospital is a 137 bed private not-for-profit stand-alone facility located in Toowoomba which is in the heart of South East Queensland, a two hour scenic drive, 124 kilometres south-west of Brisbane. The city is the economic and commercial hub of the Darling Downs region, and with a population of over 160,000 people, only Canberra is a larger inland city. Toowoomba offers an exceptional standard of living with access to nationally acclaimed schooling, with the Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast both within easy reach for a weekend away. St Andrew’s Toowoomba Hospital’s perioperative suite performs a range of surgical specialties including Urology and multiple other specialties. St Andrew's also has the only Da Vinci Robot in Toowoomba which is utilized for Urology including prostate and renal surgery supported by the Robotic RN Level 2. The Urology Clinical Nurse Specialist will support our 6 Urology surgeons and help to build this key specialty.
- Current Registered Nurse with Australian Health Practitioners Registration Authority
- Minimum 2 years recent experience scrubbing for the Urology surgical speciality
- Excellent written and verbal skills, with advanced interpersonal communication skills
- Strong customer service and team focus with the ability to liaise with the multidisciplinary team
- Positive role modelling behaviours, with strong motivation and the ability to prioritise tasks
- Must be eligible to work in Australia- sponsorship not available for this role.
- Coordinate all aspects of organising and purchasing Urology consumables and equipment.
- Educate other staff on Urological procedures, as well
- Liaise closely with all Urology surgeons to ensure requests are actioned promptly
- Consultative leadership style and sound negotiation skills are vital
- Assist Perioperative Services Manager as required
Come and join our friendly team where you will have the benefit of:
- A supportive Executive management team, where the CEO and DCS cook a quarterly BBQ for staff as a thankyou for their efforts
- Supportive Perioperative Suite Manager and perioperative team
- Salary packaging (Remserv is the provider)
- Free car parking
- Employee assistance program
- Ongoing support for training and education, including travel and accommodation where necessary
- Supportive team environment, where there is a zero tolerance for bullying or other discriminatory behaviour
- Public hospital pay parity
- Reasonable relocation expenses will be reimbursed if applicable
Please forward application letter and CV to:
Director of Clinical Services
St Andrew’s Toowoomba Hospital
PO Box 263
Toowoomba Q 4350
Telephone enquiries to: Jeff van Leeuwen (Perioperative Services Manager) on 0437922392 (Leave a message if unanswered)
Applications close: Friday 11th January 2019.
Please enjoy the below video by Foxtail Production which showcases the beautiful town of Toowoomba.