Medical Oncology - Clinical Nurse Coordinator Part time 0.5 FTE – commencing February 2018
St Andrew’s Toowoomba Hospital is a 137 bed private not-for-private stand alone organisation with over 600 employees making a positive difference to people’s lives every day. Based in Toowoomba, which is in the heart of South East Queensland, a two hour scenic drive, 124 km south-west of Brisbane. Our Cancer Centre is the largest in regional Australia, with a 25 chair medical oncology unit and a contracted radiation oncology service which includes the first halycon linear accelerator in Australia (4th in the world). The medical oncology unit treats 850 to 900 admissions per month, including all types of cancer under the care of 3 visiting Haematologists and 4 visiting Oncologists.
St Andrew’s is recruiting this coordinator role to support our busy team of onsite Oncologists and Haematologists. Previously incorporated in the Clinical Nurse Manager role, our growing cancer care service now requires this role at least 4 hours a day Monday- Friday. The role will report to the Clinical Nurse Manager and will have a primary responsibility for ensuring the smooth coordination of the patient’s journey through our cancer care service. The opportunity to work extra hours in the oncology unit or elsewhere in the hospital may also be available.
As the Medical Oncology Clinical Nurse Coordinator you will be responsible for:
- Coordination of oncology day unit appointments including initial appointments and treatment days
- Liaison between day oncology unit and specialists on the patient’s behalf
- Coordination of chemotherapy orders each week.
- Liaison with patients regarding pathology and other test results and any changes to their care plan.
- Utilising leadership skills including high level communication and interpersonal skills to establish and enhance working relationships with all members of the multidisciplinary team, both medical and nursing
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Recent experience within an oncology unit is desirable but not essential. A strong interest in cancer care and a desire to work in this specialty may be sufficient.
- Current Registration with AHPRA (Sponsorship is not available for this role)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work independently and confidently
St Andrew’s Toowoomba Hospital is an organization that recognises the value of our staff with the following benefits:
- Generous salary sacrifice options which increase your take home pay (Remserv is our provider)
- Exceptional professional development support
- Free car parking
- Employee assistance program
- Public sector payrate parity (Conditions not all the same)
Reasonable relocation costs will be reimbursed.
Please forward Cover letter and CV to:
Director of Clinical Services
St Andrew’s Toowoomba Hospital
PO Box 263
Toowoomba Q 4350
Telephone enquiries to: Mary Kelsey
Phone: 07 46463142
Applications close: Thursday 25th January 2018