CLINICAL INFORMATICS MANAGER (RN LEVEL 3) - FULLTIME
Attention all experienced Registered Nurses (Minimum 5 years post grad)
As a result of SATHs partnership with PHILIPS to implement “TASY” EMR (Electronic Medical Record) software, an exciting new opportunity is available for an experienced Registered Nurse to become the Clinical Project lead on this innovative EMR project. The Clinical Informatics Manager will work in liaison with the onsite TASY team to identify and fine tune work flows throughout the organisation. You will report to the Director of Clinical Services, and will partner with the ICT Manager who will manage the non-clinical components of the project, playing a key role in the adaptation of TASY to the Australian healthcare market.
As the Clinical Informatics Manager you will:
- Be knowledgeable about the current ePAS system, or if not, be prepared to become very familiar with it. This is necessary to identify current work flows and consider possible improvements to those flows.
- Be IT savvy with email, microsoft office and online web formats.
- Be committed to implementing an electronic medical record throughout SATH, liaising with clinical stakeholders throughout the process.
- Have great relationships with many of our Doctors already in your current role as an RN and be prepared to build further relationships with all SATH VMOs to ensure they are supported during the EMR implementation process. External applicants will need to consider how they can manage this.
- Have excellent people skills with the proven ability to engage others in your ideas and projects.
- Be able to negotiate with stakeholders to ensure the best clinical outcome for future patients at SATH.
- Be innovative and prepared to think outside of the box.
- Having a great knowledge of SATH will be an advantage, however extensive experience as an RN elsewhere (Minimum 5 years post grad) with previous experience with an EMR would also be a benefit.
If you think this project is something that you will thrive on and you are committed to working with TASY during adaptation, implementation and post go-live as an ongoing clinical informatics resource person at St Andrew’s Toowoomba Hospital, we invite your application.
Please forward an application letter including in it your thoughts on how you think we would best get buy-in for TASY EMR implementation with all staff and VMOs. Please include a copy of your work history and detail how this will help you in this key strategic role. All experienced Registered Nurses that believe they meet the listed criteria and are able to work a minimum of 0.8 FTE are encouraged to apply.
Please forward your application and CV to Fiona Brown, Director of Clinical Services
PO Box 263 Toowoomba 4350
Telephone enquiries to Fiona Brown - 07 46463101
Applications close: Friday 10th August 2018
SPONSORSHIP IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION – YOU MUST BE REGISTERED WITH AHPRA AND CURRENTLY ABLE TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA.
Please enjoy the below video by Foxtail Production which showcases the beautiful town of Toowoomba.